This recipe is healthy and delicious! The texture of this tuna burger is surprisingly similar to a meat burger. -Jen
Yields = 4 Burgers
1 lb Fresh Ahi Tuna Steaks (minced or chopped into small dice)
1 Carrot (grated)
1/2 cup Red Onion (chopped)
1/2 cup Chives or Green Onion (chopped)
1/3 cup Panko Bread crumbs or breadcrumbs
1-2 Tbsp Mayo
Garlic salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 cup Mayo 2-3
Tbsp Wasabi paste
- Combine the two ingredients in a small bowl. Feel free to adjust the amount of wasabi to your own wasabi level.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tuna, carrot, onion, chives, eggs, panko crumbs and mayonnaise. Season with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Form mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Arrange patties in the pan (only as many as will easily fit in the pan). You may have to cook in two batches.
- Cook tuna burgers uncovered, 8-10 mins per side.
- Serve burgers on buns with your favorite condiments. I like to serve this with Wasabi mayonnaise.