This is a great recipe for entertaining your guests. Chef Gavin wrote a simple foul proof recipe that serves 5 – 6 people. The marinade is so tasty your guests will be asking for the recipe afterwards! – Jen
2- 21/2 lbs Center Cut Salmon Filet
¾ cup Soy sauce
¼ cup Rice vinegar
¼ cup Lemon juice
2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1.5 tsp Asian Chili paste
½ cup Green onions (chopped)
2 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
2 Tbsp Ginger (minced)
1.5 cups Japanese Panko Bread Crumbs
- Line a large baking sheet with either foil or parchment paper
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, lemon juice, oyster sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, green onion, garlic and ginger.
- Pour 1/3 of the liquid mixture over the salmon filet.
- Sprinkle the panko over the filet evenly, and pack it on gently.
- Pour the rest of the soy sauce mixture evenly over the panko. Be sure to soak the panko completely.
- Let the salmon marinate for 15 mins.
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Roast the side of salmon for 18-20 min.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest a few minutes before serving.