This simple curry recipe will be sure to wow your guests! You can also substitute any kind of fish in this recipe—salmon, ling cod, black cod—depending on what’s in season. – Jen
4 6oz halibut fillets or steaks
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups bell pepper, diced
1 cup of onion, diced
1 can coconut milk (400mL)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp fish sauce
optional 1 small chili (minced)
½ cup cilantro (chopped for plating)
2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp salt
- Combine coconut milk, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, chili (optional), cilantro and turmeric in a blender. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp butter on medium heat. When butter is bubbling, poach halibut fillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cooked. Transfer halibut onto a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1 tbsp butter on medium heat. Add onion and pepper into pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add blended coconut milk mixture and let come to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add halibut and any accumulated juice back to the skillet with the sauce. Simmer just long enough to reheat the halibut .
- Serve the dish with wild rice or noodles. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro.