Prawns have a delicious sweet flavour which is nicely accentuated when the prawns are accompanied by some kind of sauce. When served as a standalone appetizer, prawns almost always have an accompanying sauce, so to guide the uninitiated, here is a quick, tasty, easy, must-have sauces for your recipe book. – Jen
1 Doz Prawns
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 shallot chopped
1 tbsp Asian chili garlic sauce
¼ chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp buter
½ cup cream
- Preheat a pan over medium heat
- Add butter and 1 tbsp veg oil, sauté shallots and garlic together for 1-2 mins
- Add prawns and sauté for 3-4 mins, season with salt and pepper
- Remove prawns from pan and reserve on a side plate.
- Add Asian chili garlic sauce to pan and mix with the pan juices. Add the cream and the fresh basil.
- Reduce pan sauce for 1-2 mins.
- Pour sauce over and around prawns on the plate