A Mediterranean style recipe, this dish is healthy and delicious. Opt for fresh basil instead of dry if it’s available, it’ll make a huge difference in taste. – Jen
1 lb Cod Fillet Flour for dredging fish
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1/4 cup White wine
2 Ripe Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
8-10 Pitted Black Olives (preferably Nicoise)
1 Tbsp Capers (rinsed)
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
2 Tbsp Pine Nuts (carefully toasted)
- Start by cutting the cod fillets into 3” long pieces.
- Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper, and dredge them lightly in the flour.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the 3 Tbsp olive oil, and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the fish slices and reduce heat to medium high. Cook the cod for about 2-4 mins per side. Once they are cooked, transfer them to plate. Reserve.
- Now, add the wine to deglaze the pan, and boil for 1-2 mins. Add the tomatoes and thyme and cook for another 2 mins. Next, stir in the olives, capers and basil. Cook for 1 more minute to heat through. Season if necessary.
- Arrange the cod fillets on plates. Spoon the pan sauce over them and garnish with the pine nuts.