You can use this recipe multiple times, using different fish, creating unique flavours each time. The Rice Wine/Sake really brings out the flavours in the fish and vegetable. – Jen
1 Filet of Salmon, Halibut, Snapper or Cod (1 piece of fish per package)
1 oz Julienne Ginger
1 oz Julienne Sui Choy Cabbage
1 oz Julienne Snow Peas
1 oz Julienne Red or Yellow Pepper
2 tsp Sesame Oil
¼ Cup Chinese Rice Wine or Sake
1 Garlic clove (minced)
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- Cut Parchment paper into a rectangular shape (1.5 ft long and 1.5 ft wide) and brush edges with oil.
- Arrange a thin filet of the fish in the centre of one half of the parchment. Season the fish well with salt and pepper.
- In a small pan, sauté the julienne vegetables, ginger and garlic for 1 min. Then place them on top of the fish. Drizzle sesame oil, Rice wine, soy sauce and hoisin over the fish too.
- Carefully fold the remaining parchment over the fish and vegetables. Seal the parchment package by folding in the edges a few times over to create a nice package.
- Bake the parchment package in a preheated 400F Oven for 8-12 mins.
- Once the fish is cooked, open the package carefully using kitchen scissors to open it around the top edges. Lift the flap and you can eat it right out of the pouch.