The tangy mustard vinaigrette in this recipe goes so well with a piece of grilled tuna. It’s great for a hot sunny day or simply a delicious healthy meal. – Jen
2 Tuna Steaks (Ahi or Albacore)
6 oz each
¼ cup White Wine Vinegar
½ cup White Wine1 Shallot (chopped)
1/2 Tbsp Honey
1-2 Tbsp Grainy Dijon Mustard
¼ cup Olive oil
- Mix together white wine, white wine vinegar, shallot, honey and mustard in a small pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer to reduce the liquid by half. Allow to cool slightly, then combine with a small hand blender. While mixing with the hand blender, slowly add the olive oil until combined. Reserve.
- Preheat the grill. Make sure the grill is clean and lightly oiled!
- Season the tuna steaks well with salt and pepper. Drizzle tuna with a little veg oil and gently rub over the fish.
- Grill the tuna on the hot grill for 2-3 mins per side for a nice medium rare doneness.
- Serve tuna on plate whole or carved to show off the doneness. Drizzle the vinaigrette over and around the fish.