The fish restriction is endless in this recipe. You can use salmon, scallops, prawns, or snapper that fits your budget and taste. -Jen
6oz Halibut Fillet (cut into 1” cubes)
6 oz Black Cod (cut into 1” cubes)
1 Large Carrot (peeled, thinly sliced crosswise)
1 Celery stalk (thinly sliced)
1 Small Leek (white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced and washed well)
1 tsp Fresh Tarragon
Orange Saffron Broth:
1 8oz Bottle Clam juice (can be found at Safeway)
1 cup White wine
2 Star Anise pods
1 Bay Leaf
1 Pinch Saffron threads
3/4 cup Orange juice
- Make the broth to start. Boil Clam juice, wine, star anise, bay leaf and saffron in a large sauce pan until reduced by half.
- Boil orange juice in a separate small pan until reduced to a 1/4 cup (about 7 mins).
- Then add the reduced orange juice to the clam juice broth. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if needed.
- Bring broth mixture to a simmer over medium low heat, add the vegetables and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are tender (about 4 mins).
- Then add the cubed pieces of fish and the chopped tarragon. Cover and simmer until the fish is cooked through (about 8 mins).
- Using a slotted spoon, divide the fish and vegetables between 2 deep bowls. Top with the broth and serve.