This is a great sweet curry even for people who aren’t crazy about curry. The sauce is thick and smooth, with a sweet and tangy finish. - Jen
1 lb Prawns (peeled and deveined)
½ tsp Lemon juice
1 Tbsp Water
2 tsp Cumin
1 inch Piece of Ginger (roughly chopped)
4 cloves Garlic (peeled and roughly chopped)
2 Cups Canned Diced Tomatoes
1 tsp Green Chilies (minced)
1 bunch Cilantro
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1 Onion (small dice)
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Curry powder
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tsp Red Chili powder
1 Cup Low Fat Yogurt
- Start by marinating the prawns in the lemon juice, with a touch of water, the cumin and some salt and pepper. Let marinate 10-15 minutes.
- In a small chopper, puree the ginger and garlic with a touch of water to make a smooth paste. Remove paste from processor and reserve.
- Secondly, in the processor combine the diced tomatoes, green chilies and cilantro. Be sure to pulse them so they are chopped coarsely and remain slightly chunky.
- Heat oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and sauté until golden. (4-5 minutes)
- Next, add the ginger garlic paste mixture and sauté it for 2 minutes. Next, add the spices and the chunky tomato mixture. Stir well and add the yogurt. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Lastly, add the prawns and cook them for 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately. I recommend serving this over basmati rice.