I am a firm believer of only using light seasoning for Sablefish. Sablefish has such a unique and sweet flavor that a little bit of citrus and spices will do the trick. –Jen
1.5 lbs Sablefish Marinade:
1 Lemon (zested and juiced)
1 Tbsp Brown sugar
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1/2 cup Orange juice
2 tsp Lemon juice Pinch of Nutmeg
1 Tbsp Butter
2 tsp Flour
1 Tbsp Capers
2 Tbsp Lime juice
1 tsp Dill Weed
1/3 cup Sour Cream
- Start by cutting the sablefish into 4 portions; then place them in a dish or on a plate.
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl, and marinate the fish for 1 hour (turning them over once).
- Coat broiler pan with foil and/or non-stick spray. Place marinated sablefish on the broiler tray.
- Broil the sablefish for approximately 5-7 mins, placing them 4-5” from the heat source.
- Then, turn fish over and baste with marinade. Broil the fish for 5-7 mins longer on the second side. Remove from broiler and let stand.
- Make Sauce #1 by melting the butter in a saucepan and whisk in the flour, mix well.
- Then mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, and add it to the butter. Cook until thickened. Pour over broiled fish.
- Make Sauce #2, by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Serve over the broiled fish.