I find this dish deliciously hearty yet romantic. Chef Gavin put together a simple foul proof recipe to make the best risotto. The saffron gives the dish a distinctive taste. You can consider substituting lobster meat for Crab meat or Shrimp meat. – Jen
1/4 lb Lobster Meat
3 cups Shellfish Stock
1/4 cup White Wine
Pinch of Saffron
2 Tbsp Butter
1 small Onion (small dice)
1 small Carrot (small dice)
1 stick of Celery (small dice)
2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 cup Arborio Rice
1/4 cup Parmesan
- Start by bringing the shellfish stock to a boil, then hold at a simmer.
- Soak the pinch of saffron threads in a small bowl with the white wine.
- Next, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic (8-10 mins).
- Add the arborio rice and saute the rice (2-3 mins).
- Add the white wine to deglaze the pan, then add enough hot stock to cover the rice by a 1/2”. Simmer the rice on a medium low heat. Stir rice periodically, and add stock in 1/2 cup amounts, to keep rice covered. After 20 mins, you can start tasting the rice for doneness. Season rice as well with salt and pepper as needed. The rice should be tender but not mushy. This process could take up to 30 mins to cook).
- When the rice is done, stir in the parmesan cheese and the lobster meat. Check seasoning again, and make any necessary adjustments. You could also add some chopped parsley or chive for extra color and flavor.
- Serve right away.