A delicious take on Mediterranean linguine, perfect for the short herring season!
500 g dried linguine
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon capers
½ cup chopped parsley
160 g herring fillets (deboned, descaled, and cut into 1 inch strips)
10 cherry tomatoes
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup white wine
- Bring pot of water to a rolling boil, add 1½ tablespoons salt, and cook linguine according to package directions.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and sauté garlic, shallot, and chili flakes.
- Add herring to the pan and cook halfway through.
- Add cherry tomatoes, white wine, and capers to the pan. Cook until tomatoes are soft.
- When pasta is cooked, add to pan along with parsley, pepper, salt, and butter. Toss until fully combined.
- Plate and serve.