Chef Gavin put together 4 simple Salmon Canapés you can put together yourself at home. Each recipe requires ingredients you can buy at our store and your local grocers. Seafood canapés always bring a touch of class to your party! -Jen
500g Salmon fillet (chopped small by hand)
3 Green onions (chopped)
1/4 cup Fresh Dill (chopped)
1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Hot sauce
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1-2 tsp Lemon zest (grated)
1 Egg (beaten)
1 cup Panko or Bread crumb
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix and season well.
- If the mix seems a little to wet, add another 1/2 cup panko or breadcrumb.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using your hands, form little salmon cakes and place them back down on the sheet. The cakes should be around 1 oz each.
- Once all the cakes are formed, preheat a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Pan fry the little salmon cakes for 2-3 mins per side. Remove from the pan with a spatula, and blot them down on some paper towel, this will absorb a little left over grease before plating them.
- I recommend serving them with a little bit of tartar sauce.