Cod has a great source of protein and B6. The olives gives such a nice flavour to the dish that salt is not required in this dish. Great for anyone who doesn’t like to have too much salt in their diet. - Jen
1 lb Cod Fillets (cut into even 1.5” pieces)
2 Tbsp Olive oil
5 cups Cauliflower florets
½ Onion (small dice)
4 cloves Garlic (minced)
½ cup White wine
1 tsp Tumeric
1 tsp Cumin
1 cup Chicken Stock or Fish Stock
2 tsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
15-20 Large Pimiento Stuffed Green Olives (halved)
1 tsp Paprika
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- In a large pot, add olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic. (2 mins)
- Add the tumeric, paprika and cumin (continue sautéing 2 mins)
- Deglaze with the white wine and cook until wine has reduced (1-2 mins)
- Add the chicken or fish stock. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Add the cauliflower florets and the thyme. Simmer cauliflower for 4-5 mins.
- Add the green olives and the cod. Simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Season this light stew with salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice, and adjust spices if necessary.
- Lastly, add the chopped cilantro. Ladle the light cod stew into bowls.