This dish is a delicious recipe with ingredients that can all be bought in your local market. Oven poached halibut is almost foul proved; it’s consistently soft and tender. – Jen
2 Filets of Halibut (5-6 oz each)
½ Tbsp Lemon juice
1/8 tsp Pepper
2 Carrots (peeled and grated)
1 bunch of Watercress or some Mixed Greens salad
1/8 cup Champagne or Sherry vinegar
1/8 cup Water
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
¼ tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1/8 tsp Tabasco
2 Tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
1 Tbsp Green onion or chives (chopped)
1 Tbsp Fresh Parslet (chopped)
2 Tbsp Fresh Basil (chopped)
- Make vinaigrette by combining in a bowl, the vinegar, water, sugar, mustard and pepper. Whisk in the oil, Tabasco and fresh herbs. Reserve.
- Place halibut on a plate and sprinkle with the lemon juice and pepper. Marinate halibut in the fridge for 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Spread grated carrot over the paper. Place the halibut on top of carrot. Cover fish with a second piece of parchment paper the same size.
- Bake halibut in the oven for 10 mins or so.
- The rule of thumb for baking halibut is 10 mins per 1 inch of thickness.
- Remove fish from the oven and serve on top of watercress or mixed greens. Scatter the cook carrot on top of the greens. Place fish on top. Pour the herb vinaigrette over the halibut and around the salad greens as needed.