Prepared sweet and tangy relish makes this delicious main dish an easy recipe any night of the week. Enjoy with steamed rice and vegetables for a complete healthy meal. – Jen
Spring Salmon (6 oz piece with no skin)
3-4 Roma tomatoes
1 Red onion (sliced into ½” slices)
2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
¼ cup olive oil
- Make sauce ahead of time…preheat grill.
- Slice romas in half and slice red onion in slices. Toss them in a bowl with olive oil and season them well with salt and pepper.
- Grill romas and onion for 5-6 mins to get a good char on them
- Pulse grilled romas and red onion in a food processor. You want it slightly chunky.
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Pulse again to mix. Reserve.
- Preheat a pan with some veg oil. Season spring salmon and pan sear on face side first for 4-5 mins. Once you have good color, flip salmon over gently.
- Cook salmon on second side for another 4-6mins over medium heat.
- Serve salmon on plate garnished with Charred Tomato Relish