With this recipe, you have no excuse not to have prawns on your menu when entertaining guests. Don’t forget that spot prawns cook REALLY FAST. Prawns will become mushy if overcooked – Jen
1 lb Spot Prawns (head off, peeled and deveined)
2-3 Tbsp Ketchup
1-2 Tbsp Creamed Horseradish
Salt and Pepper
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil
- Poach prawns in water for 2-4 mins depending on the size
- Drain immediately and place in a cold water ice bath
- Allow prawns to chill.
- Mix ketchup and horseradish to make cocktail sauce. Measurements vary depending on the desired strength of sauce required.
- Place cocktail sauce on cucumber slice, followed by a poached prawn. Season with a touch of salt and pepper if necessary.