You can substitute any kind of pasta in this recipe (try our squid ink pasta if you’re feeling adventurous!) and also alternate using prawns with scallops, clams or mussels. – Jen
1 lb of Prawns (peeled and deveined)
1/2 a package of linguine (cooked)
1/2 cup Parmesan (grated to garnish pasta)
1/2 pint of Grape Tomatoes (sliced in half)
1 Shallot (minced)
2 Tbsp Butter
1 pkg Baby Arugula (142g)
5 cloves of Garlic (peeled)
1/2 cup Pine nuts
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
1 cup Olive oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor to make the pesto. Reserve.
- Any extra pesto will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- Preheat a large pan over medium high heat. Add the butter and saute the shallots for 1-2 mins. Next, add the prawns and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add 1/2 cup of pesto and the sliced grape tomatoes. Saute for 2 minutes more. Toss everything well in the pan.
- Now, add the cooked linguine noodles to the pan. Toss well right away again. Use tongs to mix the pasta and the pesto well together. If it looks like you need a touch more pesto, add a bit more at this point. Toss noodles again.
- Serve linguine in a bowl or on a plate. Place prawns on and around the top of the pasta to showcase them. Garnish pasta with extra parmesan cheese.