You can find most of the ingredients needed in this recipe in your home pantry. This recipe is delicious and so easy to prepare. Any kind of salmon would work fne in this recipe. For a vibrant red salmon color, opt for Sockeye salmon. - Jen
Yields = 4 Burgers
1 1/4 lbs Salmon fillet (skinned, de-boned, minced small)
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Red Onion (minced)
1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Prepared Horseradish
1 Egg (lightly beaten)
1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary (minced)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive oil
Dijon Horseradish Mayo:
1/2 cup Mayo 2-3
Tbsp Dijon mustard
1-2 Tbsp Prepared Horseradish
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Feel free to adjust any of the amounts to your personal taste.
- In a large bowl, combine minced salmon, red onion, dijon mustard, horseradish, egg and breadcrumb. Season with rosemary, salt and pepper. Chill this mixture for at least 30 mins in the fridge. This allows for the flavor to develop, and for the burger mix to set up.
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat.
- Form the salmon mixture into 4 burger patties. Lightly coat each patty with a little olive oil. Place salmon patties on the grill, and cook them for 4-5 mins per side.
- Serve the salmon burgers on a bun with lettuce, tomato and dijon horseradish mayo.