A sweet and spicy sauce like this is perfect with prawns, served with steamed edamame or vegetable tempura. If you’re using spot prawns, cut the cooking time in half than tiger prawns. - Jen
1 lb Prawns
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Shallot (small dice)
1 cup of Chicken broth
3 Carrots (peeled and cut into large dice)
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Ginger (finely grated)
½ Tbsp Unseasoned Rice vinegar
1 tsp Honey
½ tsp Sesame oil
- Make the sauce first. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Saute the shallot for 1-2 mins, then add the carrots. Next add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low and simmer the carrots until they are just tender. (12-15mins)
- Then pour the carrot mixture into a blender. Add the soy sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Strain the sauce and reserve. Check seasoning.
- Heat a separate pan over medium high heat, add 1 Tbsp Olive oil and sauté the prawns. Season the prawns well with salt and pepper.
- Saute the prawns for 3-5 mins depending on size.
- Serve a pool of the carrot ginger sauce on a plate. Place prawns on top of the sauce.