Making fried rice requires all ingredients to be added in quick succession, so make sure all your ingredients are ready to go.
- 3-4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 large cloves minced garlic
- 4 cups cooked rice of your choice, cooked the night before (picture: long grain wild rice)
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200g cooked lump crab meat
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 cups of asparagus, chopped
- 100g sea urchin roe
1) Heat the cooking oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the ginger first, stirring for 30 seconds. Then add the garlic and asparagus, cook until asparagus is softened.
2) Add the cooked rice to the wok, and turn up the heat to high. Stir fry the rice for 3 minutes or so until it’s thoroughly combined and/or warmed through if you’re using leftover rice.
3) Add white pepper and soy sauce to the rice. Using your spatula, spread the rice out into an even layer along the surface of the wok. Pour the beaten egg evenly over the rice.
4) Stir the rice until all of the egg is cooked and incorporated. Before adding the crab and sea urchin, use your spatula to once more spread the rice evenly in the wok. Add the crab and sea urchin to the rice and stir fry thoroughly. For about 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy!