If you haven’t tried our fresh Qualicum beach scallops, you’ve been missing out. They are so different from the previously frozen watery nova scotia scallops. Qualium scallops are firm, sweet and tender. They are so meaty you can eat them as a main course. And who doesn’t like a little bacon with their scallops? – Jen
4 Qualicum Beach Scallops
1/4 cup of Bacon (cooked crispy and chopped up)
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp chopped parsley and chives
A few drops of L&P sauce
3 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar, Dijon, chopped herbs and L&P sauce. Add salt and pepper, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add chopped crispy bacon.
- Preheat a pan over high heat. Add a touch of veg oil.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Pan sear scallops for 1-3mins per side (depending on size). Flip each scallop once in pan, and finish on second side 1 3mins (depending on size)
- Remove scallops from pan and place on plate.
- Turn heat off under hot pan, and add the vinaigrette. Heat in hot pan for 1 min.
- Pour warm bacon vinegraitte over scallops.