Chef Gavin put together 4 simple Salmon Canapés you can put together yourself at home. Each recipe requires ingredients you can buy at our store and your local grocers. Seafood canapés always bring a touch of class to your party! -Jen
1 Side of Smoked Salmon
Small crackers or melba toasts
1 Small Granny Smith Apple (halved and cored)
Juice of 1 Lemon and a touch of water (Acidulated water)
2-3 Tbsp Capers (drained and lightly chopped)
1 Tbsp soft butter or mayonaise
- Place crackers or toasts out on counter or work space.
- Lightly spread a little butter or mayo on all of them to help keep the toast moist.
- Place a 1/2 to a whole slice of smoked salmon folded up onto each toast.
- Thinly slice the apple. Cut the slices in half to make small triangles. Place the apple slices into the acidulated water to prevent them from turning brown.
- Place apple slice on top of smoked salmon on toast. Place a few chopped capers on top as well. Season with a little salt and pepper, and finish with a little drizzle of olive oil.