This recipe is very spicy and may not be for everyone. But for those who can stand the heat, this dish is a great treat! You can use spot prawns or tiger prawns (tiger prawns for people on a budget), and if you’re using spot prawns for this dish, cut down the cooking time in half. - Jen
2 lbs Prawns (peeled and deveined)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (chopped)
1 Lemon (juiced)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Dried Chili Flakes
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Lime (cut into wedges)
Wooden or Metal Skewers for grilling
- If you are planning to use wooden skewers, I would suggest soaking them for several hours or overnight before hand.
- Start by making the marinade for the prawns. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, the chopped chipotle peppers, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cilantro, salt, pepper, chili flakes and cayenne.
- Add the prawns and mixed well. Marinate the prawns in the fridge for 30 mins. Preheat outdoor greased grill to medium high heat.
- Remove prawns from marinade. Discard any excess marinade!
- Thread 5-6 prawns per skewer, and grill the prawns for 2-3 mins per side.
- Serve with lime wedges.