I’ve always preached that chef Gavin makes the best pasta sauces and he really does prove my point with this recipe. The ingredient combination is so tasty it’s perfect for the day when you just need that nice hearty bowl of pasta. – Jen
1 Leek (the white part, cut into quarters and sliced. Wash well!)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Shallot (finely chopped)
1 cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Butter
250 ml Cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese
2-3 Tbsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
1/3 Package of Squid Ink Spaghetti
- Cook Spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water (pasta takes 7-8 mins)
- Drain pasta well, toss lightly with olive oil and then reserve.
- Meanwhile, preheat a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and a splash of olive oil. Saute the leeks for 3-4 mins. Then add the shallot and garlic (sauté for another 2-3 mins). Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Cook until the wine is reduced by half. (1-2 mins)
- Pour in the cream and bring to a gentle boil. Be careful not to let the cream boil over.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan cheese and the fresh thyme..
- Add the prawns and cook them for 3-4 mins. They should be just pink and still tender.
- Serve spaghetti on plates. Using tongs, place 6 prawns on each plate.
- Ladle or gently pour sauce over and around the pasta.
Garnish with additional parmesan if needed.