This is an economical Mediterranean dish for anyone that’s entertaining big groups. Simply multiply the recipes to as many times as you like. Prawns can be marinated the morning of your dinner to save time and panic. – Jen
2 lbs Prawns (peeled and deveined)
3 cloves Garlic (minced)
1/4 cup Olive oil
1/4 cup Tomato sauce
2 Tbsp Red Wine vinegar
2 Tbsp Fresh Basil (chopped)
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
Wooden or Metal Skewers for grilling
- If you are planning to use wooden skewers, I would suggest soaking them for several hours or overnight before hand.
- Start by making the marinade. In a bowl, mix together the garlic, tomato sauce, olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, cayenne and basil. Add the prawns to the bowl and mix well.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Preheat greased outdoor grill to medium heat.
- Remove prawns from marinade. Discard any excess marinade!
- Thread 5-6 prawns per skewer, and grill the prawns 2-3 mins per side.